- All our Chestnut Post & Rail is sourced from local producers.
- Provides a more natural and rustic appearance. Can be used for domestic gardens, horse paddocks and driveways.
- Posts are set at 9′ centres.
- Chestnut products are untreated.
- Due to the traditional nature in which these are made, they are made to imperial measurements.
Chestnut Cleft Rails
£15.30 inc. VAT
Chestnut Cleft Rail, sometimes called Sussex Rail, is made from untreated Chestnut hardwood.
These rails are used with our Chestnut cleft posts which have been mortised for two or three rails.
Alternatively, you can use them with our specially mortised treated softwood posts for cleft rail.
The Chestnut used to make our Cleft Rails is cut during the winter when there is less sap in the wood, which increases the durability of the timber. The Chestnut is felled, then cleft (split) into rails and the ends are shaped to fit into the mortices in the posts.
The rails can be shortened and re-ended on-site if required.