- Superior quality gates, more suited to use on a drive or entranceway
- Planed treated softwood or untreated Iroko African hardwood
- Please contact us for Iroko Gate prices as the price of Iroko timber fluctuates month to month
- Height to the top of the tapered top rail 1.03m (3’3 1/2″)
- Height to the top of the extended curved hanging stile 1.473m (4’10”)
- Widths from 0.915m (3′) to 3.66m (12′)
- Both hardwood & softwood versions can be made to special widths & heights
- 0.915m (3′) & 1.21m (4′) gates do not have the diagonal cross brace and feature a reduced hanging stile height. Please see offset pair photo above as this shows a 0.915m (3′) gate
- These gates are Left & Right hand hanging. Our Sales Team will request this information when Estate Gates are ordered
£262.19 – £492.08 inc. VAT
Available on backorder
Estate Gates, with their distinctive crooked high-hanging stile and extended diagonal brace, are more suited to a drive or property entrance rather than field access.
Estate gates have a tapered top bar with a quality planed finish. All the rails, vertical braces, and stiles have detailed edge chamfering. Morticed and tenoned joints are fixed with traditional hardwood dowels.
The timber used is specially selected pressure treated slow grown Scandinavian softwood or the very durable African Iroko hardwood known for its stability.
The prices of Iroko timber is subject to large fluctuations. Because of this, we are unable to give any prices for Iroko Estate gates. Please contact our Sales Team for an up-to-date quote.
Special heights and widths can be ordered.
Help with Measuring for your gate
For help with measuring for your new Estate gates, please read our Field Gate hanging measurements infographic.
Posts and Fittings
Crestala Fencing is a stockist and supplier of Charltons Gates, who are one of the UK’s leading gate manufacturers. They have an extensive range of Softwood Field Gates. For more detailed information, visit www.charltonsgates.co.uk
Softwood Estate gates are pressure treated and in theory, do not require any further treatment. However, we strongly recommend that you follow the instructions for oiling gates made with pressure-treated timber in our Crestala gate care information. Please, read the recommendations on our “Important Gate Care Information” sheet for more detailed instructions.
All wooden gates are susceptible to natural movement or shaking (cracks in the timber) as the timber expands and contracts during the normal weathering process. This is not considered to be a defect unless very severe.
We do not recommend using dark stains as they attract heat which may cause additional movement in the timber
0.91m (3'), 1.21m (4'), 1.52m (5'), 1.83m (6'), 2.13m (7'), 2.43m (8'), 2.74m (9'), 3.04m (10'), 3.35m (11'), 3.65m (12')
Iroko Hardwood, Please contact Sales for a quote, Treated Softwood