- Superior quality gates, more suited to drive or entrance way use
- Planed treated softwood or Hardwood Iroko
- Please contact us for Iroko Gate prices as the price of Iroko timber fluctuates month to month.
- With stainless steel bolts & tapered top bar
- Height to the top of the top rail 1.03m (3′ 7″)
- These gates are made to order
- Widths from 0.91m (3′) to 3.66m (12′)
- Somerset gates can be made to special widths and heights
- These gates are Left and Right-hand hanging
- For help with measuring up for 5 bar style field or driveway gates, see our blog – Field gate hanging measurements infographic
- Please contact our Sales Team for a quote
Call for Price
Somerset gates are superior quality gates, more suited to drive or entranceway use. They are made from planed treated softwood or hardwood Iroko. Each gate is assembled with stainless steel bolts and hardwood dowels.
Somerset gates have a tapered top bar and a larger hanging stile. This means that these gates are Left and Right-hand hanging; please state when ordering.
The gate’s height to the top of the top rail is 1.03m (3′ 7″) with widths from 0.91m (3′) to 3.66m (12′).
Somerset gates can be made to special widths and heights.
The timber used is specially selected pressure treated slow grown Scandinavian softwood or the very durable African Iroko hardwood known for its stability.
The prices of Iroko timber is subject to large fluctuations. Because of this, we are unable to give any prices for Iroko Estate gates. Please contact our Sales Team for an up to date quote.
Help with Measuring for your gate.
For help with measuring up for your new Somerset gates, read our blog – Field gate hanging measurements infographic.
Posts and Fittings.
Crestala Fencing is a stockist and supplier of Charltons Gates, one of the UK’s leading gate manufacturers. They have an extensive range of Softwood Field Gates. For more detailed information, visit www.charltonsgates.co.uk
Softwood Somerset gates are pressure treated and, in theory, do not require any further treatment. However, we strongly recommend that you follow the instructions for oiling gates made with pressure treated timber in our Crestala gate care information. Please, read the recommendations on our “Important Gate Care Information” sheet for more detailed instructions.
All wooden gates are susceptible to natural movement or shaking (cracks in the timber) as the timber expands and contracts during the normal weathering process. This is not considered to be a defect unless very severe.
We do not recommend using dark stains as they attract heat which may cause additional movement in the timber.
Treated softwood, For IROKO prices contact Sales
Please contact Sales for a quote