Terms & Conditions
Registered in England, No: 00869419
Kent TN3 9JN
Crestala Fencing & Construction Co. Ltd reserves all Intellectual Property rights and unauthorised copying is prohibited. Copyright for other images or information contained on this site remains with the original owners and has been used with permission.
All prices are subect to change without prior notice but should be correct and current on this website E&OE. Dimensions given may be close approximations E&OE. All prices quoted are exclusive of V.A.T. Any products not in price list P.O.A.
Wear Gloves when handling timber. Wash hands before eating, smoking etc. When using any power tools or sanding wear dust & eye protection.
The only personal information collected by this website is your IP address for maintaining your session integrity and that which you enter in the “Contact Form”. This may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your fax number
We will only use information collected about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1988) and don’t pass this information on to any third party for its own use. If you would like to know what information we hold about you and/or to correct inaccuracies you can email us at email@example.com.
We do not send random marketing emails to personal addresses (spam).
Cookies are small text files stored on your machine that our site uses to identify your session as you move around the site. This prevents user ‘A’ (for example) being confused with user ‘B’. The cookie (and associated session variables) contain no personally identifiable information and are deleted when (or shortly after) you close your web browser, thus ending your session.
Google Analytics software may place additional cookies that collect anonymous aggregate data to assist us with internal marketing and analysis.
Terms & Conditions of sale
All goods remain the property of Crestala Fencing until paid for in full. Any shortages must be notified within 48 hours. Full terms and conditions are as follows:
- “The Company” means Crestala Fencing & Construction Co Ltd.
- “The Buyer” means the customer, person, business or company to whom goods are supplied subject to these conditions.
- “The Goods” means any goods, materials & accessories supplied by the Company to the buyer subject to these conditions.
- “The Contract” means any agreement for the purchase of Goods by the Buyer.
Existence of Contract
- Any written quotation issued by the Company shall constitute an invitation to treat. No binding contract shall be created by the placing of an order by the Buyer until acceptance by the Company has been confirmed or the Buyer collects the Goods or the Company has delivered the Goods to the Buyer.These conditions shall apply to all Contracts for the sale of Goods by the Company to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms or conditions which the Buyer may purport to apply under any purchase order or similar document.All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods according to these conditions. Collection or acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyers acceptance of these conditions.
- Special order items may be subject to special conditions of sale, which will be agreed at time of quote or ordering.
- Particulars contained in any advertising, website, catalogues or other publications supplied by the Company are only for the general guidance of the Buyer ( including any references to weights, dimensions or performance ) , nor shall any verbal representation by any employee or agent of the Company form part of the Contract. Nor shall they be treated as constituting a representation on the part of the Company.
- The Buyer is responsible for the timely provision of any applicable accurate drawings or specifications required by the Company to enable it to fulfil the Contract.
Amendments and cancellation
- No amendments to these conditions shall be binding on the Company unless accepted in writing by a Director of the Company.
- The Contract may not be cancelled or varied by the Buyer except with the written consent of the Company.
- All prices are liable to change without notice. Prices used will be those ruling on the date ordered, unless otherwise agreed in writing. The prices are exclusive of VAT which shall be due at the rate ruling on the date of the VAT invoice.
- The Company shall have the option of supplying Goods ordered in imperial measurements with the nearest equivalent metric measurement and the Goods priced accordingly.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company all non account orders for Goods must be paid in full when collected or delivered. Payment by personal or company cheques must be cleared through the UK bank clearing system prior to collection or delivery of the Goods unless otherwise agreed at time of ordering.
- Buyers credit accounts are opened subject to approval of satisfactory references and ( unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing ) the terms of payment shall be net cash monthly account due and payable on the last day of the month following the month in which the Goods were dispatched or collected or would have been dispatched or collected save for postponement at the request of the Buyer or otherwise than due to default of the Company.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled by reason of any dispute relating to the Goods or any claim made by the Buyer under this or any other Contract to withhold payment of any amount which is due to the Company.
- If the Buyer fails to pay the money for any Goods on the due date or fails to pay any sum due to the Company under any contract on the due date all sums outstanding between the Buyer and the Company shall become immediately payable and the Company shall be entitled to do any one or more of the following ( without prejudice to any other right or remedy the Company may have ) :-
- Require payment in cleared funds in advance of any further collections or deliveries.
- Cancel or suspend any further collections or deliveries to the Buyer under any contract without liability to the Company.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 7 of these terms exercise any of the Company’s rights pursuant to that clause.
Terms of supply and delivery
- Times and dates quoted by the Company for supply of Goods and/or delivery are intended as estimates only and time is not of the essence of the contract.
- The Company shall not be liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss, damage or expenses ( including but not limited to loss of profits and liability to third parties ) suffered or incurred by the Buyer as a consequence of any delay in supply or delivery of Goods.
- The Company reserves the right to supply Goods by instalments and to tender a separate invoice in respect of each instalment. Where the Goods are supplied by instalments the Contract shall become severable and each instalment shall be deemed to be the subject of a separate Contract. No default or failure by the Company in respect of any one or more instalments shall entitle the Buyer to treat the Contract as repudiated or to damages.
- The Company will apply a delivery surcharge as notified from time to time.
- Deliveries addresses are to be within the Company’s published delivery area. ( Delivery to other areas by special arrangement only )
- Deliveries will be at the Buyers premises or at an address agreed at time of ordering or as indicated in the Buyers purchase order. The Buyer will notify the Company of any access limitations at time of ordering.
- Date & Time of deliveries will be solely at the convenience of the Company. They will be to the front or roadside of the property, accessible by good hard road and will be off loaded adjacent to the vehicle near side. Goods cannot be moved over distance. The Buyer must provide the necessary labour for unloading the Goods and unloading is to be carried out within a reasonable time. If the delivery vehicle is not unloaded within a reasonable time or returns without unloading or additional staff have to be provided then an additional charge may be made.
- If the Goods are to be delivered the Buyer is responsible for compliance with all regulations and for taking all the necessary steps to ensure protection and safety of persons and property.
- If Goods are collected from the Company then the Buyer is solely responsible for the weight, size, positioning and restraint of the load on the vehicle.
Property and Risk
- Risk of loss of or damage to the Goods shall pass to Buyer on collection or delivery.
- Property and ownership in the Goods shall, not withstanding collection or delivery of the Goods by / to the Buyer, not pass from the Company until the Buyer shall have paid the Company in full pursuant to clause 5.
- The Company shall be entitled at any time to recover any or all of the Goods in the Buyers possession to which the Company has title and for that purpose the Company, our employees or agents may with such transport as required enter any premises occupied by the Buyer where the Goods may be or are believed to be situated.
Claims for Defects, Damage or Non Delivery.
- The Buyer shall inspect the Goods on collection or delivery and shall within 3 days following that date notify the Company of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity or failure to comply with description or sample. The Buyer shall give the Company an opportunity to inspect such Goods at the Companies premises, the Buyers premises or delivery site within a reasonable time following collection or delivery and before any use is made of the goods.
- If the buyer shall fail to comply with the foregoing, the Goods shall be conclusively presumed to be in accordance with the Contract and free from any defect or damage which would be apparent on a reasonable examination of the Goods and the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods. If the Buyer establishes to the Company’s reasonable satisfaction that the Goods are not in accordance with the Contract or are defective, the Buyers sole remedy in respect thereof shall be limited, as the Company may elect, to making good any shortage, to repairing or replacing such Goods or refunding all, or part of the Contract price against return of the Goods.
- The Companies liability to the Buyer whether for any breach of the Contract or otherwise shall not in any event exceed the Contract price and the Company shall be under no liability for any consequential or indirect loss suffered ( including but not limited to loss of profits ) or liability to third parties incurred by the Buyer.
- Subject to the provisions of this Condition 8. All warranties and conditions whether implied by statute or otherwise are hereby excluded PROVIDED THAT nothing here in shall restrict or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company or affect the statutory rights of a Buyer dealing as consumer. ( As defined in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 )
- The Company shall not be liable for failure to deliver the Goods for any reason whatsoever outside the reasonable control of the Company including, without limitation to the generality of the foregoing, industrial action, war, storm, fire, explosion, flood, governmental actions or regulation, act of god, riots, strikes, lock-outs, or non availability of stocks or materials. Any failure of this type shall not affect the obligation to pay for Goods already delivered.
Compliance with statute
- The Buyer is responsible for ensuring that the use of the Goods complies with all and any relevant statutes, statutory instruments and regulations having the force of law and any relevant British Standard and shall fully indemnify the Company against all costs, claims , expenses, and liabilities suffered or incurred by the Company as a result of any non-compliance by the Buyer.
- Any provision or term used in these Conditions which is or maybe void or unenforceable shall to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability be deemed as severable and shall not affect any other provision.
- No waiver or forbearance by the Company, whether express or implied, in enforcing any of its rights hereunder shall prejudice its right to do so in the future.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in writing addressed to that other party at its registered office or principle place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this condition to the party giving the notice.
- The Buyer may not assign, subcontract or in any way dispose of its right or obligations under the Contract without the prior written consent of the Company.
- All aspects of the Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Our range of products is constantly being improved and we reserve the right to amend our product specifications without notice.
- Timber is a natural product and as such can absorb or release moisture under certain conditions. These natural processes are generally not detrimental, but some movement in the timber may be unavoidable. This can include checks, splits or shakes, particularly on larger sections such as posts and does not effect the performance or life of the product.
- During prolonged hot weather fence panels and feather edge boards may become distorted. This should return to normal during cooler, wetter weather.
- Goods returned for credit are subject to the following conditions.
- Standard stock item.
- In good resalable condition.
- Less than 30 days from date of purchase.
- Accompanied by the original receipt.
- Minimum administration charge of 10%.
- Goods returned for credit are subject to the following conditions.
Postsaver Guarantee T’s & C’s
Valid for 75mm X 75 mm minimum for sawn posts or 75mm minimum diameter for round posts fitted with a Postsaver sleeve, purchased on or after 01/10/11.
This Guarantee is limited to the original customer who purchased the posts from Crestala Fencing or the original end customer if purchased to install for someone else and is restricted to the supply of replacement posts only.
Note: replacement posts will only be delivered to site if it is within our published delivery area.
Replacement posts only will be supplied for posts fitted with PostSaver purchased from Crestala Fencing that fail due to fungal decay within 10 years from the invoice date.
Provided that :
- The customer notifies Crestala Fencing in writing within 14 days of a failure that they wish to make a claim under this guarantee. Enclosing the original purchase details & Crestala invoice number. If the customer purchased the posts to install for somebody else, then their invoice to the end customer showing the date, name & address (plus installation address if different) will also be required.
- If the relevant invoice(s) referred to above cannot be produced then Crestala Fencing will not be held liable for any claim under this guarantee.
- The Postsaver sleeves were fitted by Crestala Fencing.
- The posts have been installed in accordance with our recommendations.
- We have access, if we require it, to examine the site & effected post(s) in situ.
- The original Crestala purchase invoice was paid in full.
This Guarantee does NOT cover the following:
- All other forms of damage (includes wind damage).
- Where the posts are in ground that is regularly flooded.
- Where we are not allowed or are prevented from examining the posts in situ.
- Where fungal decay was not the main reason for the post failure.
- Transfer of the Guarantee to a third party.
- Posts that have been used for an abnormal purpose.
- The Guarantee does not apply to any invoice or item on an invoice for posts fitted with PostSaver that specifically states that the Guarantee does not apply.
- Any costs or losses attributed to the post failure including any consequential losses to third parties, removal costs & reinstatement costs.
The consumers statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.